The characteristics of early childhood are:
- Some parents feel that behavioral problems of childhood period are more troublesome than the physical care of infants.
- Some behavioral problems occur in this period such as obstinacy, stubbornness, disobedience, negativism, and antagonism.
- It is a toy age because most of the time children are engaged with their toys. These toys are also helpful to educate children. Toys are an important element of their play activities.
- This is a period when a child is considered physically and mentally independent. This is also a school-going age.
- Children become more self-sufficient, and independent, and develop self-esteem.
- This is the age of foundations of social behavior. They are a more organized social life they will be required to adjust to when they enter first grade.
- Develop physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development.